Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shane's Birthday PARTY!!!

Wow!!! What a party!! I was completely worn out by the time we were done!! It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast!! The timing of Shane's Birthday was perfect because it was during spring Break and his cousins got to come to his Party. Which was exactly who he wanted to be there. After deciding to do a Tank cake for him I wanted to do some sort of military game to go with it. The kids love treasure hunts so with the help of Geraldine we came up with an idea for a combat mission. Well once the wheels started turning there was no stopping. I had everyone especially Lillian helping to create a very complex game of rescuing some captured soldiers (plastic army men) I even got john involved. I started out by coming in with a manila envelope (very official looking) and telling them I needed a special forces team to help me. At that point I had them hooked everyone rose their hand and was ready for their assignment. I handed each of them a piece of a puzzle that they had too work together to put together to see that it was a map that led to the boat. From there they found a army man a note and a fishing pole. The note told them that a fish had swallowed their next clue and they had to "fish" out the fish who had the note. They ran over to the lake (plastic pool) to fish (using an old broken fishing pool with a magnet tied) to it to catch the fish (paper fish with paper clips on them) out. Of course they got the fish right away but we stayed to let everyone have a turn catching fish.next they were lead all over the yard finding different men that had been captured. At one point they were told that they must intercept a para trooper that should be landing soon (over by the tree house) just as they ran over Lillian throw an army man with a very suffocated parachute(made from a plastic bag) out of the tree house. There was a special message from the general inside that told them they must meet the Sergeant who was standing by with a radio over by the wood pile. The General (John) had the other radio and when they got close started to talk so they could find the radio. we had a few technical difficulties at this point but improves to tell them where the captured soldiers were. After finding the army men ( all set up as if they had been in battle they were told to go to ARMY HEAD Quarters ( the Play House with Army Head quarters sign on it) There they found there medals which was for there bravery . OK that was probably way too much detail but anyway it was sooo much fun and the kids were so excited for their medals (great idea Lillian!)Yes we had a few casualties and some technical difficulties but in the end we were Victorious!
























































After the "game" we had Shane's birthday dinner, Posole, then cake and home made icecream, THanks MOm, and opened presents. BY the end We were all exhusted!! but it was a lot of fun and I know Shane had a great day!!! We love you SHane!!
I can't believe he is 6!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina, that was an unbelievable party!!! I know it is one that my girls will remember for years. Thanks so much for letting us be a part of it. My girls are so lucky to have such a wonderful creative aunt.

Amanda said...

Wow. I'm seriously impressed!! What a lucky kid :). And loving the cake-how does it feel to be so multi-talented???