I love to Garden and I thought it would be fun to show the progress of the garden in one post. We have had good success this year and it has been a lot of fun seeing the boys get so excited watching the changes in the garden. With each new leaf they have and then the blossoms and finally the fruit of our Labors!
Grandma White with her onions! She makes it a point to be in charge of the onions. She does a great job and we are still eating them out of the garden! They are delicious!
Connor and Shane "helping" me to plant. They really are getting better. Shane can be a huge help he knows now what not to pull out of the garden and I think Connor is pretty well trained too. Bri has learned to climb in the garden and loves to eat the dirt! Connor loves to help me water the Garden and they both loved digging in it to plant the vegetables! I really love to Garden and I think my kids are really enjoying it to!
Well this is the before picture of our garden. This was taken in March when we first started prepping the dirt. We decided that this year we were going to re due the soil. Our garden has not done very good the past few years so we really revamped our soil. We went and got some blow sand and then we added compost ,steer manure, and peat moss to it.
The Turnips did great this year! We grow them for John's mom and we got a great crop this year!
The tomatoes are still producing and they are absolutely delicious! The squash didn't do as well this year but it wasn't for lack of trying! I think it is getting to warm for them now!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's such a great thing for you guys to do together and teach them to love gardening as well. I wish I was good at gardening.
I wish my garden looked that good. We managed to get some squash and a few tomatoes but I think it's getting too hot! I might need to take some lessons from you guys!
How is Bri doing with her arm?
Wow, those vegetables look awesome!! And I"m so glad to see that Grandma gets out and helps with it, I know it gives her alot of pleasure to be a part of it. We all know how grandma loves her onions!! Great Job!!!!
Hi Gina! I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. :) Looks like a great garden! We only got tomatoes this year, the squash & zucchini were a bust. I was looking forward to making zucchini bread but that's not gonna happen now. LOL
If you want email me at winna4295@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to my blog.
Post a Comment